Jake found this tiny little dove in our front garden after I got home from work yesterday. It was right next to our swimming pool and the poor little thing got quite a fright when Jake ran up to it and shouted with excitement. It quite literally ran into the bushes next to our pool to get away from him and all his noise. Between the pool and our dogs, I knew it had little chance of survival and there was no sign of a nest or a frantic mother bird. We phoned friends who have an avery and they collected it from us later last night. It was just so tiny, I could hardly feel it when I lifted it off the ground to put it in the box. Jake was so excited and completely fascinated with this tiny creature, I'm surprised it actually survived him. I know that this is nature and that we shouldn't interfere, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for the mommy bird who'd lost her baby...
No comments:
Post a Comment