Friday, February 8, 2008

The week gone by...

HELL-OOOOOOOO!! Jake got a prank kit for Christmas. It's got a whoopee cushion, which he loves, plus these real dork glasses and teeth. And yes, I still love him... This week has been a fairly quiet one. Not much to report. Jake had a good swimming lesson yesterday (no vomit), so I'm happy. And, most importantly, he's looking forward to his next lesson!!! I had a little chat with him on Tuesday after that lesson and tried to explain the differences between the type of diving his dad was doing when he drowned, vs the diving Jake does at his swimming lessons. I tried to let him know that what his dad was doing was dangerous, but that he's safe when he's swimming with his teacher or any other adult. I've drummed it into his head that he's a very loved little boy and that nobody wants anything bad to happen to him; that we're all looking after him. Anyway, he still wasn't keen to jump yesterday and his teacher avoided the suject completely. For now, I'm just keeping everything crossed that he's going to start enjoying it again from now..

We've also got friends here from the UK for a short visit, so met up with them at the Blue Peter for a pizza and glass of vino collapso on Tuesday evening. Jake was so tired, after listening to my little chat above, that he passed out in the car. Something he hardly ever does. Even as a baby, he wouldn't sleep in the car, I think there's too much to look at with the world passing by. Can you see his dad in that face?? Check out those lips... So, this weekend's set to be quite a quiet one for us. Although I've got to take Jake for a suit fitting, for Jo's wedding, this evening. It's ruddy difficult to find anywhere that's got a suit to hire for a kid his size too, so fingers crossed that this suit will do the trick. He tried one on during the week and it was miles too big on the shoulders, but he looked so handsome. I can't wait to have him walk me up the aisle!! On Wednesday I met Joanne & Paul at Harbour House in Kalk bay to chat to the people at the restaurant about the whole thing. They seem very organised and we've got a plan 'B' in place if the weather is bad and prevents them from having the ceremony on the pier. Either way, I'll have Jake by my side and I'll be the happiest girl there. That and my anti-depressants better be working properly by then. The surrounding waters claimed Jacques life, so it's still going to be a tough day. Definitely NOT drinking AT ALL...

So, just some general harbour photos (I love boats and water)...

This is the harbour wall, or pier, where the ceremony will take place. We've been really worried about the weather, but it seemed that Kalk Bay was the only place in Cape Town, where the wind wasn't blowing yesterday. Keeping fingers crossed that we're lucky. Although, full moon's 2 days before and high tide's 15 minutes before the ceremony's set to start, so we might have to move things in doors, in which case the wedding will take place in front of huge windows looking out to sea... Harbour wall: Just hoping that I don't get a heel (I am braving stilettos) stuck in one of the many crevices on the pier. Crap, I might just be an embarrassment after all...

Jake & "Nini" (aka my mom) looking out to sea...

Harbour House is where the reception will be, it's the upstairs part of the building...

This is part of the the view from one side of Harbour House - check the pier...

This is Jake wishing he could go to Greece again...

Look at me and smile, for Pete Sakes...

OK, I guess I asked for it. This is what I get when I ask for a smile... Sorry - I took quite a few photos with my new phone and have just copied them all accross my PC. They're far from the best quality, but just something to brighten up my post.

Hope you're all well and hope the weekend brings lots of sunshine and laughter to you all!

Lots of love, Sue xxx

PS. Jake caught me this morning (he took the photo). Just explains why he behaves the way he does...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

hee hee love it!!
I am sure that the ceremony will be lovely and the party great. The venue looks amazing. You will have all your family there so try and focus on that. maybe a glass of vino wouldnt be a bad idea!!
Cant wait for your photos of the day.
Jake looks adorable in that suit man. You will be the proudest mummy there
xxx