Monday, October 18, 2010

3 months...

3 months ago, a man knocked on my door.  He was handsome and he brought me wine.  He stayed for coffee and he took Jake and I for a walk on the beach.  We went to the little island down at Blaauwberg and hunted in tidal pools with Jake.  We had a drink at The Blue Peter and enjoyed the late afternoon winter sun.  3 months ago, I met the most amazing man.

In hindsight, Danie coming to knock on my door with a box of wine was totally out of character for him.  I'm still not sure why he actually did it, but I'm really glad he did.  Allowing a stranger into my home and then spending the rest of the day with said stranger (with my son) was totally out of character for me too, but I had a wonderful afternoon and was thrilled to be invited out to dinner just 2 days later.  The rest, as they say, is history.

Our friends Hermann and Adrienne had spoken to me about Danie before.  They'd tried to set me up on a blind date with him (I don't think he even knew about it) and I'd turned them down.  It was them that sent him over with the wine.  While I do regret wasting the opportunity of meeting Danie sooner, in hindsight, I realise that then I simply wasn't ready for the relationship I find myself in now.  I know myself so much better now.  I know who I am and what I expect out of life for both Jake and I.  I am comfortable with me.  After all this time on my own, I finally feel happy to share me.  To put my issues aside and open my heart to someone else.  I know that all I really want is to be happy and for Jake to be happy.  Really, really happy.

So, 3 months down the line.  I wish we lived closer.  I wish that I wish our dogs were friends.  I wish that we had more time to share with our families.  But, I'm happy with where we're at.  These issues are small issues and they will all fall into place.   After 3 months, I'm still having the best time ever.  I know that things aren't always roses and rainbows, but I feel very content with where we're at.

To my Danie, I hope that we make you as happy as you make us.  Thank you for showing me how to love and to be loved again; I didn't think it was possible.  It's life's biggest gift.  I love spending time with you and Jake adores you, which makes my heart so happy.  You're amazing and we are both crazy about you.  I hate saying goodbye to you at the end of a happy weekend (this one was a great one), knowing that it'll probably be a few days before I see you again.  I can't wait to see you.  Thank you for everything, I love you so much!!

Sue
XXX

5 comments:

deusl said...

heyyyyyy i am so happy for youuuuuuuuu :-) so nice so glad so bautiful - hug u strong

Sue said...

Hello my darling!!

So nice to hear from you, I have been thinking about you so much and keep meaning to mail you. Hope that things are going better on your side.

lots of love,
Sue XXX

PS. When do the Christmas markets start? Shew, wish I could bring Jake for a few days...

caroline Avnit said...

It is all about timing! So glad you have found each other and I wish you loads of happiness for your future!

Pink Granite said...

Absolutely wonderful!
We are so very happy for you, Danie and Jake!
;o)
- Lee

Lee-Anne Spurdens said...

Susie! This sounds magical - very happy for you. Miss you and the rest of the lovely girlies. Love from Zurich xx