This post was written on Friday, but I took it down and have decided to re-post...
I know he won't want me to write about it, but I can't not. It's on my mind. I like to know that my people are safe, but yesterday, that was out of my hands. We all know that we live in a scary world, especially in this country, but the thought that I could have lost someone I love so much has left me feeling literally sick.
I haven't seen Danie, so my facts are a little fuzzy, but the general story is that some guys from Danie's work went to the bank and drew a biggish amount of cash. They came back to the office and were approached by 3 guys as they were getting out of their car. The 'baddies' had followed Danie's colleague from the bank. Danie saw a commotion, ran outside only to have a gun turned on him. I don't know how long it went on for, but the 'baddies' eventually stole the car and took off with the cash. Danie and his boss chased after them, but some how (thank goodness!!) lost them. The guys dumped the car but managed to escape with the cash on foot.
Anyway, I hate to even think of what could have been. Of how things could have turned out. The mind is a funny thing and I slept really badly last night and I have woken up with a headache that I can't get rid of this morning.
I'm trying very hard to look at it on the sunny side today. It's a reminder that we need to live each day like it's our last; to live life to the full (Vitam Abundantius Habere - Live life abundantly). A reminder to us to tell those we love, just how much we love them. Danie is fine. He's alive and we get to share another day together. He is special and I love him. I don't get spiritual here very often, but today I have to give thanks that he's OK. Now where's the chocolate??
Susie XXX
4 comments:
hey - i send u some virtual chocolate. oh yes - there is no money worth to lose life for this. hug u strong and all went well. :-) many kisses
Mr Brown and a mate did something similar years ago, took on some fellows who were robbing a corner store - it frightened the life out of me hearing about it afterwards. I hope your heartbeat has settled down by now.
So frightening!
That was very brave of Danie and his colleagues.
I'm glad that all is well now.
Thank you for the reminder that life is precious...
The problem is that it happens here so often now days, it's not even really news. To make matters worse, the culprits are very seldom caught, leaving everyone shaken.
I felt much better once I'd seen and hugged Danie. And I am so, so relieved that it all turned out the way it did.
Sue X
Post a Comment