Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Holiday Fun...

 This is a diablo.  It's a Chinese yo-yo.  Jake saw one at friends recently and has had his heart set on one ever since.

You start off by sweeping it along the ground, to build up spinning speed...
 Once it's going, you beat it about to build up more and more speed.  Kinda looks like you're playing the drums...
 There are a gazillion tricks that you can do with this toy and Jake is learning fast!  He knows the names for all the things he can do, I have absolutely no idea.  The object is just to keep it spinning...
 And when you go to catch it, you hope and pray that it lands back on your string, so you can keep going and look really cool.  Jake tells me he's practising, so that when school starts up again next term, he'll be able to show everyone how to work it.  It's such an amazingly simple toy and you can do SO much with it.  It even comes with a DVD, explaining all the tricks...
 In other news, my mom has more puppies - 3!!  These ones are about 3 weeks old already, so their eyes are open and they're starting to move around.  Their mother was brought in for sterilization and pregnancy termination all in one.  They managed to find foster homes for 5 of the 8 pups, so my mom is thrilled that she could do her bit to help.  The kids love it too...
 This is Leo.  He's the smallest of the three and he's our favourite...
 Leo has 6 toes on each of his back feet...
 Once again, Duracell has proved himself to be an excellent puppy carer.  While he's viciously protective and hates other dogs, he's so unbelievably gentle with puppies...
 Actually, Jake's a bit of a mother hen too...
 He is totally in awe of their tiny perfection.  This guy's gonna be a real hands on dad...
 This is Molly.  She's the biggest and is a real little pig at meal times...
And you have to admit - they are super cute.  From your left to right - Molly, Leo and Diesel...
 Jake is totally fascinated by them.  he's very gentle and so good with them...  SO tempting to keep them all...
 I mean, look that little schnoz... I just want to nuzzle it...
 Little Pip is still with us.  He went in today for his op to try close his cleft pallet.  He's really such a cute dog and it's going to be really hard to say goodbye to him eventually.  He's part of our family; he's been around for so long.  This is a crap photo of him, but it's the only one I have at the moment...
We had the super moon this week too.  Personally, it looked the same to me as always on Sunday, but I did manage to get a fairly cool photo of it...
I have lots more news and it will come with photos too, I promise, just not now.  Life is keeping both Jake and I very happy and very busy at the moment though.  Sorry I've neglected my blog!!

Sending heaps of love to everyone,
Sue XXX

2 comments:

cat said...

I have seen those around- love skills type toys. And those pups are so very cute

Sue said...

Hi Cat - this toy was well worth the R180.00. Jake hasn't put it down and he's getting really good with it! He's hoping to start a new trend at school, lol...

Sue X