The prognosis is not good. Papa Louis' is terminal and it's just a waiting game now. They did a scan of his brain yesterday and basically, his brain has not been getting sufficient oxygen, due to the poor blood supply. And, while he's not brain dead (he's still breathing on his own), he definitely won't be getting better. They're moving him out of the ICU into a normal ward today. They also did X-Rays of his chest and that's not looking good either. The fever's still there too. Please, please keep him in your thoughts and pray that he finds his peace soon. This has all just happened with such terrible timing, Saturday will be 5 years since Jacques died (that's a whole other post), so we are all feeling emotionally drained and exhausted. And truthfully, all I want is chocolate and wine (or sherry)!
Jake was with me when I heard about Papa's stroke, so I have explained to him very carefully what a stroke is. I have told him that Papa might not get better, but have left it at that for now. I have also not mentioned Jacques' "anniversary", I don't think that he needs to know - he'll ask when he wants to know. We've planned to go through to Ceres for the night on Friday with some friends and my sister & her fiance and are hoping for snow in the mountains. It'll be a good distraction for me and a good excuse to indulge in the chocolates & wine. I'm sure Jake is picking up all my tension, so just trying to make life fun and happy for him.
I have photos to share of our latest runnings around, but have been putting off blogging properly for a while. I'll try find time today.
Love me xxx
1 comment:
Hi Sue -
I didn't realize this Saturday is the anniversary of Jacques' passing. I hope that you find the balance you are seeking for yourself and for Jake this weekend.
I'll be thinking of you...
- Lee
The way we mark the anniversary of a loved one who has passed is called a Yahrzeit. I hope this post will be useful to you in some small way:
http://pinkgranite.blogspot.com/2007/02/yahrzeit.html
Post a Comment