Tuesday, August 12, 2008

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY...

It's dinner with the girls tonight! YAY!!! We're going to La Masseria, an Italian family-owned restaurant out in the Northern Suburbs (http://www.lamasseria.co.za/. I've been to a wedding there before and it was really great, so I'm looking forward to the actual restaurant experience too, but I love getting out with my girlfriends and I've been really looking forward to tonight for ages. I missed the last one because I was away on my holiday, so it's been a while. There's just something about hanging out with other women. We all come from different walks of life and we all have very different responsibilities and outlooks, but there's just something so special about having a group of girls together. We often don't see one another between our monthly dinners, but when we're together it's always so easy to start off where we left off. It's great to get together without men too. Besides the poor, poor waiters who get hit on left, right and centre. Somehow, men manage to complicate things and change the dynamics. Besides that, personally, I often feel like a bit of a spare wheel when there are couples all around me and I'm on my own. And for the girls that are partnered up, it's fun to get out without worrying that their other half is having a good time. To leave the kids behind and just pretend to be your own person for a couple of hours. Without the guys (and kids), us girls are free to let our hair down, have a few drinks (for those that aren't driving), chat about life's happenings and discuss things we wouldn't dare discuss in the presence of men! What happens (or gets said) in dinner club, stays in dinner club!! It's always a revealing, fun, relaxed, totally enjoyable evening out and one that I look forward to every month.

Tonight we have a few girls that can't make it for various reasons and we always miss those who can't join us. There's always next month to look forward to and I promise to have a drink for each of you!

Oh and don't forget to check out our 'Delicious Divas' site (http://deliciousdivasdinnerclub.blogspot.com/) for pictures!! I promise to try get some up tomorrow/Thursday at the latest.

See you soon, probably with a bit of a sore head...

Love Sue xxx

No comments: