It seems that I am not the only blogger who's been neglecting my blogging. To say that life has been crazy, would be an understatement! But nothing I've done has seemed worth blogging about. Work has been SO busy and I just have not been able to even think about blogging. Socially, thank goodness, this week is a bit quieter then the last 2 and I'm realising just how exhausted I actually am. The past weekend was another rushed one - Friday night was movies at a friends house, Saturday morning we went through to the waterfront to catch up with an old school friend (Jacki Little) and her family. They were out here on holiday from the UK and it was lovely to see her again. Her little girl, Emma who's 20 months old, is just too cute for words. We spent time walking around the V & A and the weather was gorgeous. Had a quick bite to eat at Ferrymans, before rushing home to attend a yoga class. I haven't done yoga since the end of last year and I can't believe how much I missed it. My body felt incredible afterwards and I really need to find a new class to join. Had an engagement party on Saturday night; Sunday School with Jake on Sunday morning, followed by San Marco's ice-creams on the beachfront in Sea Point. And, yes, I did have honey hazelnut and yes, it was more than delicious! Had a kids party in the afternoon. Last night I hardly slept a wink and I had to be at the Vineyard Hotel in Newlands for breakfast by 7:30 this morning, which meant leaving home at 6:30 to try avoid the traffic, which was horrendous anyway. I was disgustingly late for work though, which was a real bonus.
Besides all of that, life's pretty boring. I don't have a thing planned for this weekend and my folks are away next weekend, so I'll have Jake all to myself. I'm planning on taking Jake out for a day of spoiling next Saturday and I can't wait. I was thinking of going to the aquarium and a movie, with a meal in between. I love having one-on-one time with him and he loves getting out and about with me too. He's really just so sweet at the moment. Yes, in true mommy style, I do think my kid's the cutest thing alive (even though he's really a naughty little so-and-so). He's just so funny at the moment, comes out with the cutest things, I spend my life laughing with him. He's also loves singing and keeps teaching me new songs he's learnt at school.
Anyway, enough whaffling from me for now! Hope everyone's well!
Lots of love xxx
2 comments:
hmmm sounds like it has been a very interesting week! you must enjoy ur lovely time with jake
xxx
Yes our children are by far the cutest of them all. San marco ice cream yum yum my fav. I love the lichi flavour too with the honey hazelnut and the coffee!!!
YUMMY
enjoy your day on saturday
xxxx
Wends
Post a Comment