The weekends seem to come and go so quickly... it's barely Friday, before it's Monday morning again! At least we have a short week this week (Heritage Day on Wednesday) to look forward to and Friday always comes around so quickly anyway.
We spent out weekend, as usual at Marius' house. We really do enjoy it down at the beach and it always feels like a little holiday. I do have to say that I don't enjoy packing/unpacking bags, but it is what it is and it's worth it for the R&R we get in between.
Michael & Cameron were with their mom this weekend, which always makes the house a little quiet. I'm a bit stricter with TV time, when Jake's on his own too. It does mean packing more, but also means some quality time together. Marius is busy painting the house, so Jake and I had lots of time on Saturday to play.
Jake's Grandparents gave him this puzzle a while ago and we've been meaning to build it for a while - it was his dad's. Puzzles always land up being a bit of a group effort and this was no exception. Jake was chuffed to have done it. The only problem was that we didn't do it at home and so he had to break it up last night to take it home again...
Marius has an old friend (an ex-neighbour) staying in his granny flat at the moment and we had a lovely, lazy braai to catch up yesterday. The weather was just about perfect...
Marius is the steak king, in my opinion. Nobody can braai a steak as well as he can...
Jake looking for some attention...
In other news, it's officially the spring equinox today! So it's really and truly spring day for us today! The day will be as long as the night and it's from here onwards that we'll start seeing the days growing longer and the nights shorter as the temperature starts to arm up a bit. Did you know that on the equinox, you can balance an egg on it's head? Marius doesn't believe me, so this is my proof! A friend showed us this trick years ago and I often forget to do it, but Jake doesn't. Try it and let me know if you get it right...
Today's also World Rhino Day, so I thought I'd share some snaps taken on holiday a few years ago...
A herd of 9 rhinos...
And on that note, I'll end off. Hope everyone had a good weekend! Enjoy the sunshine and Happy Spring Day!
Love,
Sue XXX


2 comments:
That puzzle is impressive. Love it!
Really? About the egg? No way! Happy lovely pics - I would love to spend weekends at the beach
Post a Comment