Tuesday, February 25, 2014

It's all happening...

Today is the day!  Our new little baby is on it's way!!  I can't say finally, since Rosanne's only known about her pregnancy for 13 weeks, but we are all SO very excited to be getting to meet this little bug today.

Rosie's had a really good pregnancy and she's taken it all so well.  She spent a night in hospital last week with high blood pressure and the dr decided to induce her today, because she has early stages of pre-eclampsia.

On Friday afternoon I popped past to take some pictures of the baby's room and of Rosie in her final days with a big tummy.  She was exhausted, but still managed to be a good sport.

They've chosen to do the baby's room in a bugs theme.  It's bright and colourful and I can't wait for there to be a little someone living in here...

Wall art...
Lots and lots of bugs...
It's a happy space and it's filled with so much love already...
They've managed to find such wonderful things...
Looking in through the door...
The cupboards stocked with lots of essentials...

Little things for a little body - all washed and ready...


Rosie really has been a star.  She's enjoyed having a bump and, despite being really tired with her blood pressure meds, she's been happy the whole way through...
And she really does glow...
Gareth joined us for some snaps too.  He's going to be such a wonderful dad.  He's so excited...
And he was a really good sport for the photos.  I think these last few of the two of them are gorgeous...
Considering that these pictures weren't even taken a week ago, her tummy's tiny...
Lots of loving going to that unborn baby...


I must admit, knowing that looking at these pictures has made me quite teary this morning.  How their life is going to change...
A sweet moment...
We had supper last night at my mom's with Rosie and Gareth and Gareth's folks.  It was wonderful to be with them.  Rosie was very emotional when we said good night to her...
But she was happy (most of the evening) and they were both very excited...
So, Rosie went in at 10 last night and was induced shortly after.  She had an epidural, but the labour has been going fairly slowly and she's only 4cms now.  They've just made the call to do a Caesar.  Watch this spot for news!

Lots of love,
Auntie Sue
XXX

2 comments:

Mrs FF said...

I'm hope by now your little niece or nephew is here already. Interestingly I was thinking about you today and the little baba. Hope everything goes well.

I keep thinking the baby is going to be a girl, but I know pink or blue there's so much love. The nursery is beautiful.... And in glad the grandparents are still around to witness the birth though sad Rosie developed these horrible symptoms. Can't wait to see the pictures

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these lovely photos. Rylee looks like Rosanne, beautiful. Congratulations to all the family. Well done Rosie and of course Gareth.