Yes, yes, I know that this is late. I know I should've done it on Friday, but... OK, no excuses, I'm sorry!!
So Valentine's day has come and gone. Some of you might remember a post I wrote last year. It was titled, What I want in a Partner... I can't believe how much my life has changed since I wrote that post and it gives me goosebumps to re-read it. I actually can't believe how close I've managed to get to the man I described in the post. In my post, I wished for many things. Here are a few:
1. Money. Fickle as it is (and I really do know that this isn't life-or-death important), it's nice to be spoiled sometimes and not to have to worry about every penny. I think that I am quite able to look after myself in this department, but I have never wanted to be the "bread-winner". Marius is self-sufficient, so no worries there.
2. Sociability. I wanted someone who loves being with people, who likes my family and friends. It's so great to have a boyfriend, who can hold a conversation on his own, who won't be fussy about the food being served and who has fun no matter what the situation. I think Marius would see the bright side of a funeral. He likes to go with me to functions and likes it when I go with him too, which I'm really not used to. His family is wonderfully down-to-earth and we all get on really well. Lol, they even like each other.
3. Adoring. Yay, he really likes me! A lot. He likes holding my hand and going out on dates with me. We go out fairly often, without kids, and we spend our entire evening laughing at each other. It's so relaxed and happy and uncomplicated. He loves food and wine too (another one of my requirements), so we're very well suited in that department.
4. Self-caring. Marius is a runner, so he is in great shape. He works hard at it, but he loves going for his run every day and I love that he cares for himself. And, you must see his legs ;o) I wanted someone completely irresistible and he really is. He's a complete gentleman too!
5. Work. I wanted someone who isn't afraid to take time off. Marius has his own successful business and works very hard, but when he goes home, he manages to switch work off and leave it at the office. He even leaves early sometimes to fetch his kids from school! And we're going to New Zealand on holiday (and a little work) for 2 weeks in May without the kids! Whoo-hoo!
6. Kids. I wanted someone who loves animals and children, possibly with kids of his own. Well, that's pretty much spot on. Jake adores Marius' kids as much as I do. Sure they fight and they spend too much time playing TV games, but they enjoy their time together and Jake is miserable on the weekends when the boys aren't with Marius.
Ha! It seems, that putting my thoughts down on paper made some (OK, most) of my dreams become a reality...
Marius checks every single one of my little blocks. I'm sure we'll irritate each other at some stage, maybe, but I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy our time together. I love how we laugh together. I enjoy every second that we're together and I always feel sad when our weekends come to an end. He spoiled me so much for Valentine's Day, it was the best Valentine's Day I've ever had. He makes me feel so special. Marius - I love you from the tips of my toes to the top of my head!
Hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day too!
Love,
Sue XXX
2 comments:
Oh boy, how wonderful! SO glad for you all
Ha! This is so heart-warming. I'm glad you have someone who ticks all the boxes. You deserve all the happiness and so much more.
Post a Comment