OK, I'm getting there... We did so much during the holidays and it's been really difficult to narrow the pictures down to what I have. Believe me, there are hundreds!
So, in amongst other things, we took the boys to Ratanga Junction on the one day that was least suitable. It meant that the queues were shorter and we didn't have to wait too long for rides. Jake and Michael are dare devils. The higher, the faster, the better. They just love the rush. Cam's not so keen yet, so most of these pics are of Jake and Michael. Actually, Michael takes it to the extreme, pretending to fall asleep on many of the rides...
He was even brave enough to try this and managed, fairly easily, to rope his dad into joining him...
He was even quite excited about doing the slingshot...
And Marius didn't really look all that scared either...
After a quick safety briefing...
They were hoisted up...
The worst part of this for me is that you actually have to pull the string to let yourself go. I could not do this ride. EVER...
But these guys think it's fun...
Jake wasn't brave enough for the slingshot, but he did just about everything else. Monkey Falls is still his favourite ride...
This photo makes me feel ill. The last time Jake and I went, I did this ride about 15 times with Jake. He loved it, I will never let him know how scared I was each and every time...
The best part is getting soaked, so you know it's all over...
Jake managed to get Cam onto the Spinning Bolts...
And despite the terror on Cam's face in this photo, he went about 4 times in a row...
A first for Jake, was going on the rocking ship. Michael's been before, but it was Jake's first time and he was very excited...
Letting go makes me incredibly nervous...
Once he'd been once, I couldn't get Jake off. He loves it. Hahahaha... check the girl in front of him...
Besides the action at Ratanga, there's always lots of action going down at Marius' house. 4 boys can do that...
Michael's very strong. I think he scares his dad sometimes and he definitely scares the two younger boys often...
Jake and Cam have lots of fun messing each other up too...
Before the year was out, we had a little braai with Jake's new braai...
He's very excited with the braai and has decided that he's going to be a braai king...
Hi my handsome boy...
Whoops, those porkies are slippery...
Pa was on hand to help out...
On the very last day of 2013, Jake painted my front stoep for me. It was part of a badge that he's working on, so he was happy to do the manual labour. Black stoep paint is messy. Black stoep paint comes off of nothing...
We spent old year's eve at Marius' house. His boys were away, so it was just the 3 of us. We popped in at a friend's party, but we were back on the beach to watch fireworks explode over the city at midnight. This was the exquisite last sunset of 2013...
So many people were down on the beach - it was a beautiful evening. OK, a little windy, but that died down a bit...
Marius had some Chinese lanterns that he'd been given by a client...
These lanterns proved to be one of my holiday highlights...
For the rest of 2013, we ate and drank and braai'ed and partied and lazed our way into 2014. I hope that this will be an awesome year for everyone.
Love,
Sue XXX
5 comments:
Catching up and reading these posts has been such a wonderful journey through your Christmas And New Year celebrations. It was a pleasure to read them. :o)All the very best for 2014 xx
Roo!!!! So good to see you're still around and thanks for sticking through all the catch up posts! I hope that you and Peter had a wonderful Christmas and wish you both everything of the best for 2014 too XXX
Nice. Your boys are definitely fearless!!!
I'm green with envy (LOL) you had too much fun. Must be interesting being the only female among the guys though I'm sure it has loads of perks 😃
Hahaha - it's very interesting at times and testosterone is something to be feared! It certainly goes a long way into understanding the way men (most) think! I love it and I love them and I wouldn't change a thing! XXX
Sue - I can just see how well all that male company is doing Jake (and you!)
Post a Comment