A little while ago, you might remember me writing about the Office Bitch. Well, as of Monday, my office is officially Bitch-free!!! Yep, our dear little misery has been dismissed and gone off to "greener pastures". Do I feel sorry for him - heck ja! He will never find another job where he can slack off like he has here and earn the fat salary that he had the potential to, if he'd been prepared to go out and look for clients. I think he's a very sad, lonely, miserable person and I do feel very sorry for him for that. I can't comment on what he's like outside the office these days, but for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, he's been like a little black cloud in the office. And it's not only me that feels this way, everybody else in the office has passed comment at some stage or another.
But, selfishly, for me, I'm ECSTATIC that I never have to be ignored by him every morning. As much as I tried to be friendly, over the last month I caved and have just given up my politeness towards him. I even snapped at him over not completing his one bit of work that he did incorrectly. It was affecting my job and I can honestly say that can't and don't want "friends" who are prepared to treat others that way. It was totally childish and uncalled for. I can only guess that he was jealous of my relationship with my wonderful, amazing, lovely, sweet boyfriend and it was his way of getting back at me. Tosser. Oh, I forgot to mention, the cherry on top of the rudeness cake was that he didn't even have the courtesy to say a simple goodbye. After 3 years of working together, he just left. It irritates me, but I'll get over it very quickly (just hand me a glass of champagne to celebrate!!) Anyway, work is a much happier place for me right now and everyone seems more cheerful. Danie wisely told me that I should be nicer about this, but I can't. It's all about making choices about your mental state and the O.B. chose to be a little black rain cloud, instead of a bright yellow ray of sunshine. I choose otherwise for myself.
Here's to many more happy days in the office...
Sue X
3 comments:
Good riddance, I say! We have 2 here at our offices too who spend more time talking to siblings or chatting online or on FB, than doing work... and when you ask them for something, you have to remind them again the next day! IRKS me tremendously!
Chin chin on the champers! x
yay to him leaving. Im sure the workplace will be so much more pleasant now..cheers
xx
Phew! One bad apple can spoil the whole feeling of a workplace.
I hope the office environment continues to flourish!
;o)
- Lee
P.S. I see Danie's point, but sometimes a bit of celebratory venting is in order.
Post a Comment