Is a very long time!! Last year I wrote about my 7-year itch and I can't believe that a whole year has passed since then, let alone 8 since the day I was married to Jacques...




As with most days like these, I try my best to remember the happy times that Jacques and I shared together. We had a really great time together, it was just cut way too short. I was blessed to have had the wonderful, kind, compassionate husband that I did have and we share a beautiful child, so a very special part of Jacques will always be with me. I never dreamed that being a parent would be such a wonderful, rewarding (and yes, very exhausting) journey. I never imagined that I'd have to do it without Jake's dad...
After Jacques died, I went for counselling. I saw a woman called Mary for just over a year and I don't think that I could've dealt with all that I've had to without her guidance. It was really good for me to get some very level headed advice from someone who was uninvolved. I saw Mary every week for a full year and she got me through some tough times. One of the best bits of advice that Mary ever gave me was that I could choose, that I could choose to be happy, or choose to be sad. There have been plenty of days when it would've been easier to just be sad, but I've made a very conscious decision to be happy. Sometimes it takes a lot of effort, but I think generally I get it right a lot of the time. I do my very best to make a happy life for Jake and I and we have tons of fun together. I also manage to get out and enjoy life with my friends a lot - I have some truly wonderful friends.
Thanks to all of you who have touched my life and have helped me enjoy the last couple of years - you guys are the greatest, where would I be without you? And wine of course. And chocolate...
So, today is going to be a happy day. The sun is shining, it's hot, I have a gorgeous little man to spend my afternoon with (might be going to see a movie), I'm going out to dinner with the girls tonight, I have chocolate and wine - what more could I ask for?? Am I sad about the past? Certain parts of it, most certainly. Am I excited about the future? You betcha baby! Besides, who could possibly be miserable on a day like today when you have this little boy to share it with??
Lots of Love, Sue xxx
PS. Please spare a thought for my dad this morning. He's having some scar tissue removed from his good eye at this very moment.
PPS. Congratulations to Caroline and Craig on the arrival of baby NiƱa May, born this morning at 9:39, weighing 3.22kgs! Glad to hear that you're all doing OK, I can't wait to meet the new princess! And we want photos. Soon! Congrats to little Amy too on becoming a big sister - it's a fun job!!
9 comments:
Sue, you're awesome! I really stand amazed at your grace, your strength and your spirit to overcome. You are really inspirational to me. I'm glad I've gotten to know that about you.
Jx.
You're a real inspiration to me, in more ways than one.
xxx
Thank you Sue for sharing these photographs from your wedding day. You and Jacques look so handsome and beautiful - I love those smiles!
And I can see both Jacques and you in Jake's face and smile!
I'm so glad you had Mary and she gave you such good advice. And that you found your way through to be such a good Mom and to take joy in life.
Hugs from far away...
;o)
- Lee
Susan your strength is really something amazing. You can be very proud of yourself and your little boy, as I am sure that Jacques is as well.
Love Nicci x
Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos, you really are an inspiration and I think you have done a fantastic job with Jake.
Mari xx
You are indeed a strong woman and I know the future holds good things for you, how quickly life moves on.
with love
Louise
You two look so young and sweet. The photos are lovely. How quickly time moves on . mary was so right you can choose to be happy. the mind is a starange and complex thing and I think you are doing great with that choice. I know its not always easy but you carry on trying and that is so amazing. thanks for sharing the photos
much love
xxx
Wonderful photos and wonderful memories too. Hope you all had a Happy Day and keep strong. You are doing amazingly.
Love Nicola and boys :-)
Darling Susan, you are a beautiful woman inside and out. You are always smiling and cheerful and caring of others. Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos of your wedding day and I know that Jacques watches with pride over you all. Love Fiona xxxx
Post a Comment