Thursday, July 11, 2019

The rat race...

Jake's just had  a 3 week break from school.  It was a much needed break, after stressful exams (in which he didn't do all that well).  As usual, we spend some of the holidays visiting the Kruger - 15 days to be exact!!

I have some beautiful photos and promise to share them soon.  Jake's become the most amazing photographer and I'm very impressed wtih his wildlife portaits.  Watch this spot, I'll be showing them off as soon as I get time!  Between the two of us, there are more than 4000 photos to wade through, so give me time!

Jake worked pretty hard this holiday.  He had two projects to get finished before the term starts, a third one to prepare, an oral to write and start learning, a poster to make, 2 book reports to write... so much for a break, thanks teachers!  Thankfully, he got quite a lot done during the week before we went to Kruger, so he starts the third term off on a good footing.  Hopefully he'll have a good one, although he's going to have to work consistently hard.  He's handed in his grade 10 - 12 subject choice forms in today, so he's really starting to prepare for the final stages of school now and then it's university.  Where did the years go?

So, just touching base for now, I'll be back again soon!

Love,
Sue xxx

No comments: