This is me and my boy taken about a month ago! When I look at this photo, I find it SO difficult to believe that my son is so big already. The years have gone so quickly. It really feels like yesterday that he was a tiny tot! And how did it come to be that Jake is actually taller than me? OK, this isn't a good photo to show that - I was wearing very high heels, but he's really quite a bit taller than me. His voice is changing and he's starting to get smelly and hairy. He's a real awkward, sometimes unpleasant, lazy, sleepy, geeky, spotty teen now, but I love him beyond words.
Being a single mom is not an easy job. Don't ever underestimate the amount of effort that goes into single-handedly raising a child, especially a boy child. Having to take grown up responsibility for another person's well-being and education is no mean feat. I know that I sometimes get it wrong, but Jake and I make a good team and we generally have a ton of fun together. It's amazing seeing him becoming independent and growing into a young man with his own thoughts and ideas. Jake is a good kid and he's got some really nice friends too. he's got an amazing sense of humour and boundless energy. He loves nature and that's something that I think is a real treasure in today's world. And yes, he does love his Xbox too, no point denying that!!
As for me, well, I must be honest and admit that I'm really enjoying being single at the moment. I feel like I have to treasure the time I have with Jake and having a partner means sacrificing that. Jake is and always will be my priority. His happiness comes before anyone else's, mine included. That said, I do know that there will come a time in the not-too-distant future that Jake won't really need me so much. It's nature and something that I've been preparing myself for since the day he was born - I'll have to let him go one day. I want him to travel and explore and love and learn. He must! But I also need to start planning for the "what will become of me" time? The thought of growing old and lonely scares me a lot.
So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that while I'm not actively dating, or registering for online dating, I am starting to feel like it would maybe be fun to have someone in my corner again. Someone to share the adventures with. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to find love again one day...
Love,
Sue xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment