Monday, April 11, 2016

More cousin news...

Despite it's lateness, it's quite appropriate today, to share this post.  A few weeks back, Jake and I were invited to go and watch his big cousins, Abi and Becky take part in a national swimming competition in Stellenbosch.  I'd be lying if I told you which one.  Jake was very excited to meet some of our local swimming champs (above is him and Olympic swimmer, Karin Prinsloo) and of course, our absolute highlight was seeing his cousins in action.  The girls don't like us to show off about their achievements, but watch this spot, they're going places fast!  

To put it simply, they're in Durban at the moment, swimming at the Olympic Qualifiers.  While Becky's only 13 and Abi's only 15, these girls are unbelievable in the water.  Becky made a new PB last night in her 400 IM (less than 5 mins) and she's currently seeded as the 3rd fastest woman in our country for this race.  Such humble girls, they're so quiet about their achievements, but you only have to see the wall of medals behind their dad's bar to know how well they achieve.  

Here's Becky competing in breaststroke...
And Abi doing backstroke...
Other celeb SA swimmers included Cameron van der Burgh - he's only 27, but I think I blushed when I took his pic.  I just so badly wanted him to be posing in his speedo - such a nice body!!
Jake's very proud of his beautiful cousins (Abi's wearing the green headband) and he just wanted to hang out with them, so that everyone could see that he belonged with them...
Because the girls spend big chunks of time on the pool deck with our celeb swimmers, they get to know them pretty well.  Jake's eyes were closed in his first pic with Chad le Clos, so she went over to make sure that Jake got a better one with her buddy Chad...
It's really awesome how everyone encourages one another and they all took a moment to make Jake feel very special...
Jake was left with absolute stars in his eyes, but mostly because he can say that Abi and Becky are his cousins!  You can read more about Becky on her sponsor's page here.

Sending Abi and Becky so many positive vibes, prayers and blessings this week as they compete in this top level competition.  You girls have age on your side still and we're behind you every step of the way.  Remember your 20/20 vision!!

Sending heaps of love,
Auntie Sue & Jake XXX

1 comment:

Mrs FF said...

OMW of course you have to blog about it.... I can't wait to watch them on the world stage and brag that I "know" them. I so get how Jake feels. Such wonderful achievements