Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's official...


So now that it's all out in the open, I'm free to blog about it!  I'm going to be an AUNTIE again!  I am so, so, SO crazy excited, I can't tell you!  Well done Rosie and Gareth!!  We can't wait to meet your little bundle of joy!

It's a little bit of a long story, but Rosie didn't realize that she was pregnant until last week.  How lucky is she?  What an easy pregnancy!  She'd somehow managed to convince herself that she had a tumour that she could feel growing inside her.   When my dad had leukemia, his spleen was swollen and his tummy was hard, so I guess that's where it all stems from.  Rosanne also suffers from poly-cystic ovaries, which basically means that she almost never ovulates.  So it was easy not to realize that her cycle had changed. 

Last week, she realised that her tummy had pushed out substantially and bought a home testing kit.  She went for a blood test and announced the news on Saturday, which was also my dad's birthday.

Obviously she was worried that she'd been eating and drinking as usual and she had no clue how far she was, so it was a relief for her to see the baby on a 4D scan yesterday.  To hear its heart beating, to see organs and to see he/she moving around.  It's healthy and they're both very excited now and the great news is that, based on the measurements, Rosie is already about 26 weeks pregnant, so we only have a few to go till we get to cuddle this precious little thing!

I can't wait to kiss these little toes...
 The dark marks on its head is not hair, it's shadows.  Look at that little mouth...
 Hiding behind his/her hands...
To Rosie and Gareth:  Well done you too!  Look what you made!!  These are exciting times for you guys as you grow as a family.  I am so excited to be sharing this journey with you!  You are going to make the most wonderful parents.

To my little niece/nephew: We can't wait to meet you, baby.  Keep growing in your warm, secret hide away and we'll soon be smothering you with hugs and kisses!  You are already so loved!!

Whooo-hooo!!

Love,
Auntie Sue XXX

5 comments:

Megan said...

Oh man! For a split-second there I thought you were going to give Jake a little bro or sis! Congrats to the family!

cat said...

A wonderful little miracle!

Mrs FF said...

A true miracle and a wonderful birthday present for grandpa. May the little one bring loads of joy to the whole family. Loads of love xxx

Wendy said...

catching up on your blog. ben really slack reading this and twitter.. but WOW thats fantastic news. what a miracle!
xxx

Sue said...

Thanks Wendy, is awesome news!! Baby's due 13 March, so just 9 weeks to go - fantastic not to have to wait too long!!