My mind keeps drifting off to Paul and TJ today; I don't really know how my sister is getting any work done at all!!!
Yesterday was a really tough day for them and it really took it's toll on the boys (I think we can call them men after this trip!) physically. TJ ended up very nauseous and on a drip and Paul was feeling nauseous and not very hungry, so all in all it was a very hard day for them both.
Today's ride is longer than yesterday's, but the chart above shows a much longer,gradual incline (besides the first one) than yesterday's. It's going to be tough - imagine climbing uphill all day! I know that there is absolutely NO WAY that I could even attempt to do anything like this. The cut off for today's ride is 11 hours and they started at 7am this morning, so they still have a looooong day ahead of them!
Paul and TJ knew ahead of the tour that it was going to be really tough and as well as pushing their bodies to the extreme, it's a mental ride too. They certainly weren't expecting to win the race and are just happy to complete each stage without being eliminated.
We're so proud of you guys for getting on your bicycles again this morning to face this mountainous stage 2! Keep peddling, we are all with you every single minute of the day. Just keep focused on bragging rights you'll have by the end of the week!
Sue XXX
UPDATE: Paul and TJ hav passed the 76km mark. They did it in 5hrs 19mins. Means that they're still in with a chance of finishing this stage if they work hard for hte next bit. Fingers and toes are crossed that the second half is better than the first!! What a long day, my nerves are shattered!
UPDATE: Paul and TJ hav passed the 76km mark. They did it in 5hrs 19mins. Means that they're still in with a chance of finishing this stage if they work hard for hte next bit. Fingers and toes are crossed that the second half is better than the first!! What a long day, my nerves are shattered!

4 comments:
Wow, the Cape Epic is just epic on all accounts. Well done and good luck for them both
It is a killer ride!! I don't know why these people do this to themselves, or us waiting at home!!! Thanks for the wishes xxx
I thought cape argus was bad, this is many many more times worse :) I saw highlights yesterday and now I know why it would make the waiting family anxious.
Wish them best of luck as they continue the race
Ps: I think they are both crazy, but crazy good ;) ;)
Thanks Sue
Post a Comment