Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Big day for a little guy...

Connor started school today!  He's going to be going to the same playgroup that Jake went to a few years back (2008).  It feels like yesterday though and I can't quite get my head around the fact that my baby is this big child in these photos.  Where did the time go?  How did he get so tall?  Without shoes on, he takes me virtually up to my shoulder

Anyway, Corky has been super excited about starting school.  He's had to learn how to use the potty, so that he can go in undies instead of nappies and he's feeling so grown up.  He really is a lovely little boy and I'm sure his mum and dad are very proud of the beautiful little boy they have.  He does have a lot of energy, so I'm sure he's going to enjoy the new challenges and adventures school with bring him.  He's is very talkative and picks up everything.  He comes out with the funniest things, like "will you listen to me?".  He has come out with a few unsavoury four-letter words recently, but we'll just blame his dad for those and keep our fingers crossed that he never uses them at school. 

So, with his bags packed and excitement mounting, I snapped a few precious moments before he headed off for his first school day (he actually only left 45 mins after these pictures, but Jake had to get to school)

Paul & Jo both took Connor to school this morning and Jo has the day off so that she can pick him up too.  Like all mommies, she was a bit sad leaving her baby behind, I guess it's never nice admitting that they're growing up and becoming independent of us, but that's what it's all about.  We have to set ourselves aside and do what is best for our kids.  The time we have with them just goes too quickly.

Lots of love,
Sue X

1 comment:

Roo said...

I still remember my very first day at Infant school, all the mum's close to tears as we just hared off with our friends into the playground!

And I never ever did get used to that "back to school" feeling in the stomach after the holidays, I still get it now... ho hum ;o)