Here's me getting ready. Ron, remember Eve?? This is Gift...
Jake all ready to go, waiting on the training platform...
Folks ready to go. At this stage, my dad was nervous (he's afraid of heights) and my mom couldn't wait...
Mom took this one...
Jake wanted to go first on the training slide... Ready to go. How cute is that little bum...
My dad heading down the first slide. This one was 180m long and pretty high. The legs of the second base still go down into the trees...
Meeting Jake and Gift, who later carried my mom across each slide, at the 2nd platform...
Jake heads across to platform 3 with Given...
Off he goes again...
Another of my dad's photos - that's me with the white hat waving goodbye to my baby...

And here I go...
This was Jake's first slide on his own. My nerves were shot, especially since he wanted to go ahead of me, which meant I couldn't test the cable first...
At another platform, this time much lower, beneath the canopy, but probably still about 10m up. Jake dangles, unperturbed, waiting his turn...
Heeee-ha...I'll end this post off apologising for putting so many pictures of Jake up, it was just so cute watching him go for it in such a big way.
Also, before I go, I wanted to share these photos that my dad took of their hotel room in Graskop. The Graskop Hotel is famed for having had it's rooms decorated by different artists from the area. Between us, we had 4 rooms and it was very interesting to see how daring some artists can be. My parents room was by far the weirdest, so I'll share theirs. Plus the photos of my room didn't come out that well and it was really boring next to this. In amongst all that busy above the bed, were little eyes and green buck and barbie doll ladies...
The bathroom...
The dressing table across from the bed...
Oh and these, because they're funny...
See how fast Jake moved? He thinks this one is hilarious...
OK, that's it. I'll post more photos later if I get a chance. Hope every one's doing OK, enjoy Heritage Day tomorrow, nothing like a day off work...
The bathroom...
The dressing table across from the bed...
Oh and these, because they're funny...
See how fast Jake moved? He thinks this one is hilarious...
OK, that's it. I'll post more photos later if I get a chance. Hope every one's doing OK, enjoy Heritage Day tomorrow, nothing like a day off work... Sue XXX
4 comments:
OMG you are brave... or crazy!!! Glad you had fun though xx Ron
It's wonderful that you had three generations participating in the Skyway Trails!
Thanks for posting all the photographs!
;o)
- Lee
hey, so cool and i think really adventureous. so great pictures and my lovely smiley sue -- so great to see you smiling. jippieee
I just loved this post. You are making such wonderful memories with Jake. You do know of course once you kiss one of those you have to buy him and take him home!!!! Fiona xx
Post a Comment