My sister's just told me about a friend she used to work with that's upset me and has made me realise how very fortunate I am...
This girl's 34 and 28 weeks pregnant with her first baby. A little girl. She's known the father for many years and, while they lived together for a long time, they only got married a few weeks back. On Sunday, her husband (41) died from a heart attack. As a result, she's gone into early labour and the doctors are battling to stop the contractions. They've warned her that they don't think the baby will make it if delivered now, it's just too small. While I don't personally know her, this story has touched me today in a way I can't explain. I can just imagine what this poor woman is going through at the thought of losing both husband and baby within a week. Today is the funeral and she won't be able to attend. Please keep her in your thoughts and send lots of positive thoughts that they manage to save her baby...
2 comments:
Oh, that poor woman. Hope everything works out. Makes you realise how fragile everything is.
It's just too much.
We'll hold her in our thoughts...
Post a Comment