I know this post is going to give most of you the heebie-jeebies, but it was quite a thing...
We had a relaxing braai (BBQ) at home on Friday night, just my folks, Jake and I. The weather was great and mom and I sat on the patio in the dark and enjoyed a glass of wine, while the men managed the fire. Being nervous of spiders, I shook my chair off before sitting down, just to make sure that there was nothing hiding underneath me. So, we sat and chatted and I turned to pick up my glass of wine to have a sip and saw this:
I was drinking sweet wine with ice, which obviously appealed to the spider for some reason. Thank goodness the glass was wet from the cold wine within and he/she couldn't actually get into my wine. I did still change my glass before finishing my drink. It was quite something to see...
XXX
6 comments:
I would have probably leaped off my seat if this happened to me!!! The pics you took of the spider are great though.
Hugs xx
YIKES!!!!
;o)
- Lee
Spiders can be a bit creepy, but they are beautiful in their own way, as these photos show. I do prefer that they stay in the garden though!
I see you are having lots of fun with your camera and getting pretty good :) much love xxx
Now I am petrified of spiders but I have to say you took some awsome shots and I have to say he/she is quite sweet trying to get to the cool ice etc. Was that one of those very warm days. As much as I am scared of them I don't like the thought of killing them, I just have to run far away whilst Peter puts it away in some other persons garden. Luckily we have not seen one for a very long time. Nana Fi xx
EEEEEEUUUUWWWWWWWW!!!!!
Thanks very much. I hate spiders !!!
But your camera is fantastic.
Just write another post soon so next time i click on your blog I don't see Mr Spider ready to greet me again.
Post a Comment